Shaun’s practice is centered on high-stakes litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants, with a focus on assisting individuals and businesses injured by the wrongdoing of others. Shaun also litigates employment disputes in state and federal court. Prior to joining Rogers Lewis, Shaun was a partner at Adams and Reese LLP. Shaun representative experience includes:
- Performing as lead trial counsel in federal discrimination and retaliation trial
- Arguing appeals before the South Carolina Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Pursuing millions of dollars of recoveries for persons injured by the negligence of others
- Performing as lead counsel on multi-state litigation and a related arbitration over the termination of a P&C insurance program
- Representing both employers and terminated professionals in non-compete litigation and wage disputes
- Defending the nation’s largest online real estate rental company in a contractual advertising dispute
- Representing health care clients and governmental entities in several government contract disputes
- Defending a manufacturing client in a multi-million dollar sales dispute over non-conforming automotive parts
- Defending a major coastal South Carolina real estate firm in a trade practice/trade secret dispute
- Representing clients through complex fiduciary litigation, including trust disputes, renegade manager claims, minority oppression, and highly-contested LLC and corporate breakups.
Additional information about Shaun’s practice and results can be found at www.mannblake.com.
Among the people Shaun admires most is his first legal mentor, James A. Stuckey, Jr., who showed him the dedication, professionalism, and sense of humor that is required to be a successful litigator. Shaun currently volunteers his services as General Counsel for Downtown Church, a newly-chartered PCUSA congregation in Columbia.