- email: email@example.com
- direct dial: 803-978-1969
Drew focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters including banking, finance and real estate disputes. He routinely represents his clients in the courtroom concerning issues that involve title insurance claims, mortgage banking, claim and delivery (replevin) and Article 9, debt collection, unauthorized practice of law accusations, landlord-tenant issues and real estate disputes. Drew counsels national, regional and local companies that include lenders, title insurance companies, landlords, private businesses as well as individuals and borrowers.
Drew’s representative matters include:
• Representation of a national mortgage company accused of the Unauthorized Practice Law in South Carolina.
• Representation of a homeowner and its mortgagee as a subsequent purchaser/mortgagee for value without notice of the Plaintiff’s prior mortgage that contained recording defects.
• Representation of a national leasing company in dozens of debt collection and claim and delivery (replevin) actions across the state.
• Representation of a national lending company as an insured through a title policy in a court proceeding concerning clear title of real estate collateral through the doctrine of adverse possession.
Drew is active in the community with various organizations including Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Columbia, Eastminster Presbyterian Church, BLSA Mentor program and the Nickelodeon Theater. He has previously served as the statewide committee co-chairmen for the Protecting Our Youth program of the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, which assembles panels of judges, law enforcement and attorneys to discuss criminal law and the impact of actions with high school students.
Drew is a director of the Palmetto Land Title Association, which maintains the professional standards and ethics of the Title Insurance Industry in South Carolina, provides information and education to consumers and maintains liaison with users of the products and services provided by its members. He also serves on the South Carolina Bar’s Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee. Prior to joining Rogers Lewis, Drew practiced law at Ellis Lawhorne & Sims, P.A.
Drew enjoys speaking at client conferences and recently gave a Title Claims Update at a Continuing Legal Education program for a title insurance company and its agents.
In his spare time, Drew enjoys spending time with his family and friends, traveling, playing and watching sports, eating good food and being active in the community.
- Banking and Collections
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Insurance Coverage and Recovery
- Real Estate Litigation
- South Carolina
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Furman University, B.A.
- “Accusations of the Unauthorized Practice of Law: A Banker’s Primer in Prevention,” Palmetto Banker, Summer Issue, 2012