Chris earned his Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration degrees from the University of South Carolina. In addition, he earned a Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Florida. From this multi-dimensional perspective, Chris counsels business, real estate, and nonprofit clients on a wide variety of matters, including, but not limited to:
• Business entity formation,
• Mergers and acquisitions,
• Corporate operational and governance issues,
• Business entity dissolution and sales,
• Tax-exempt entity formation and compliance,
• Tax credits and other incentives for real estate development, renewable energy investments, and commercial growth,
• Commercial real estate purchases and sales,
• Complex real estate financing transactions, and
• Tax controversy matters before federal, state and local tax authorities.
Chris is committed to community service and has been actively involved in various community activities and organizations, including, among others:
• Past President and Treasurer of the Lexington Kiwanis Club,
• Member of the Board of the Columbia Development Corporation,
• Leadership Columbia – Class of 2007,
• Urban Land Institute’s Sustainable Leadership Institute – Class of 2013, and
• Youth soccer team coach.
In addition to his community service, Chris has been on the faculty of various continuing legal education seminars on topics such as tax exempt organizations, choice of entity, business acquisitions, and tax credits and incentives. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, the Columbia Tax Study Group, and the Richland County Bar Association.